We’ve decided to continue to provide instruction through remote learning through second quarter at least until 1/29/2021. We will continue to monitor health data to make modifications to this plan if necessary. Click here for details.
Remote Learning (August 31, 2020 – January 31, 2021)
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our students while meeting their needs as we reopen. Our school will open on Monday, August 31, 2020 and offer remote learning (100% online only) for all students until at least at the end of second quarter on Friday, January 29, 2021. We will reassess our plans in the fall based on the current health data available.
August 31 – First Day of School (Remote Learning)
Week of August 24 – Technology Pick Up
Week of August 24 – Parent/Student Orientation (Online) (Exact dates will be announced soon)
Harmony DC will operate fully remote (100% online) through at least the end of first quarter, November 6. We will reassess our plans in the first quarter to decide to reopen the school in the second quarter based on the current health conditions.
We will keep our parents informed about our plans as we improve our plans. Below is our current plan for remote learning to start the school year. We are also organizing a series of online meetings to provide information, support, and training to families to better aid their student’s remote success. A full schedule will be shared soon.
Parent Meetings: Week of August 24 (Exact dates will be announced soon.)
Technology and Supplies Pick Up: Week of August 24 (Exact dates will be announced soon.)
First Day of Remote Learning: August 31
Remote Learning Experience (August 31 – November 6)
We are committed to provide the best remote learning experience to our students. Our teachers will get come back on August 17 to receive trainings to improve remote instructional delivery and student engagement practices.
Remote learning for our students will begin on August 31. Students and parents can expect the following from their remote learning:
- Students will receive two hours of Math and ELA instruction daily (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).
- Students will receive two sessions of Math and ELA small group instruction daily in a group of 4-5 students (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).
- Students will receive specials (Computer, Art, Physical Education, STEM) on every Wednesday. STEM kits will be sent students addresses.
- Students will work independently 1-2 hours every day to complete assignments, projects.
- Teachers will be available daily for office hours. Hours will be communicated to school within students’ schedules.
Remote Learning Materials:
All students will receive a Chromebook computer to use at home. Chromebook pickup will happen in the week of August 24.
All students will receive other learning materials including workbooks, student supplies, and etc. Material pickup will take place during Chromebook pickup in the week of August 24.