Dear Harmony DC Families,
There are several ways to measure a school’s achievement. DC School Report Card provides a great picture of how schools are doing with several data points. DC School Report Card was published on Friday, December 1st. More information can be found here: https://schoolreportcard.dc.gov/home
I am delighted to announce that Harmony DC PCS has demonstrated significant improvement in our state report card data compared to previous years. This accomplishment reflects the unwavering commitment to excellence that defines our school community.
Harmony DC PCS’s Framework score increased to 53.6%. Our most recent score puts Harmony within the top 20% among all neighborhood schools with the same/similar grade levels.
DC Report Card also includes data for all individual schools.
A summary of neighborhood schools’ framework scores can be found here.
All schools’ data can be found here:
We were able to achieve high results due to the following changes.
1. Student achievement and growth commitment by all staff members.
2. Student-centered interventions by additional math & reading teachers and interventionists.
3. More collaboration among teachers through weekly data and lesson planning meetings.
4. Additional instructional and curricular resources for students and staff.
5. Yearlong professional development and actionable feedback by instructional coaches and administrators.
6. Ongoing student monitoring through weekly, monthly, and quarterly assessments.
Harmony DC is committed to providing its scholars with the best educational experience, and we will have another great year.
Thank you for being valued members of the Harmony DC family. Together, we will continue to inspire and empower the next generation.
Muhammet Turkay, Ed. D.
Chief Executive Officer